Why SEO Hubs Social Media Marketing: Advanced Social Strategies
Your social media marketing strategy is the backbone to scheduling standout content that people on social media platforms want to engage with.
More recently, social and retail are merging with the vast expanse of new ‘buy now’ functionality in social content. Social media needs to be in an integrated component of your digital strategy; it all comes down to how it works with SEO. Every mobile search optimization strategy that focuses on the mobile app user can increase conversion rates by employ the social strategies we’ll cover in this post.
We expect that social signals will become a bigger component in future ranking algorithms. This article will discuss exactly which strategy and why a more advanced social media attention may be a key component to improving your SEO and site rankings. Both social and search engine marketing are really all about people. We have found that too many solo social media marketers are left to struggle and wonder whether their strategies are actually effective.
Avoid the stress of last-minute what-are-we-doing drills of writing, designing, and scheduling your social media posts. With the proactive planning of assigned tasks, approvals, and curation, and your social media marketing process is less stressful, more efficient, and has a better chance to reach your social marketing goals. The real purpose is to improve performance for better audience engagement and ultimately increase your ROI.
What is Social Media SEO Marketing?
Social media SEO marketing, or a social SEO campaign, is the art of combining social media and SEO strategies to improve your business’s user engagement and search rankings.
Social media marketing strategies and Search Engine Optimization strategies are frequently planned and implemented by varied team members, departments, or hired marketing consultants, and are poorly managed as independent marketing tactics.
All marketing strategies should be integrated into one customer-centric Digital Marketing Plan versus in a silo, and no one aspect can reach full success in climbing up in the search engine results pages (SERPs) and producing leads without a tandem approach.
A success data-driven digital marketing strategy merges social media and SEO into a fully integrated marketing ecosystem. The married efforts and shared data will substantially increase online conversions and expand your revenue potential. This is good business!
Social Media is a Form of Hyper-personalized SEO
The top barrier to effective social media marketing strategies is a lack of integration and oversite from SEO.
Every social post, comment, and engagement adds to a business overall data graph that is providing a far richer picture for brands, enabling precision targeting for paid social and content curation for more personalized product experiences, according to Third Door Meida.
More people globally are communication on social media use continues; each country has increased social engagement by almost 1 million new users every day during the past 12 months. “More than 3 billion people around the world now use social media each month, with 9 in 10 of those users accessing their chosen platforms via mobile devices”, according to We Are Social.****
Social channels are still in their infancy; they constantly change. Given the power to be an arm of your SEO, they can help people find your web pages, and new posts, and news articles. In today’s age of explosive digital disruption, shoppers and patrons are becoming not just more connected, but hyper-connected. Businesses that formally pass on using social media cannot any longer afford to have little or no social presence.
Social Media Marketing Success is Fueled by SEO Integration
Social networks when aligned with your marketing goals and companies KPIs can change everything.
This offers enormous benefits to your chances for business growth. The world of social media has become an integral part of SEO. When your digital lead is a savvy Search Engine Marketing specialist, your entire marketing team will be given the right steps to take that include a successful social strategy so your company can stand out and be recognized for its key products and knowledge. Some posting features work better than others; learn which messages and hashtags perform the best, as well as how different social channels can support your SEO best.
Largely, you can apply the same SEO techniques used on your web pages right in your Social Media Campaigns. They easily transfer over to your social media campaign. The main one again is listening to users and then responding by aligning with their preferred tone, choice of channels, and topics.
General social media advertising statistics
More recent user engagement research data shows that as ads get more relevant, purchasers are turning to social media for purchasing research and inspiration, and then moving directly into the buyer funnel on your website.
On June 5, 2018, Paige Cooper reported on Hootsuite that “A million new social media users are ‘born’ every day.” According to the “Social Media Advertising Stats that Matter to Marketers in 2018“ article, “As of 2018, there are 3.196 billion people using social media on the planet, up 13 percent from 2017 to 2018”. Also noted is that video spending for social advertising has climbed. In 2017, for advertising on social platforms, video advertising spending increased 130 percent compared to 2016. “Forty-six percent of respondents in Hootsuite’s annual customer survey said they are already implementing social videos, with another 26 percent planning to implement at some point in 2018.”
Audience Building through Social Listening
It is all about understanding your prospects better.
When it comes to social listening, you want the most effective way to hear what your audiences want and then know how to reach them with your solutions, The social media tactics, and channels that will work best in helping you get there, can first be determined by a social media audit.
Hill Web Marketing provides in-depth social media listening services to keep you in the know of what’s going on. We create social media data models to help you understand the size of and characteristics of social audiences you may elect to reach and correctly integrate with your SEO.
We can then tell you how those audiences are influenced, what keywords they use, which hashtags help them find your key topics, which media publishers they align with, what times they’re active, and how to engage with them. Our goal is to deliver social insights that you can act on – with live, meaningful data that empowers you to create personalized communications to individuals for spot-on marketing engagement.
Leverage Your Channels to Gain Valuable Social Proof
So, what is Social Proof?
It is when your business is validated because humans are quicker to believe friends and relatives rather than online ads. It is a good reason why your business should integrate social proof tactics. This is particularly helpful to strategize for reaching mobile users.
Reviews left on Google, Facebook, Yelp and other platforms have the power to showcase your business. If they go into the stream, you can print them out and use them to bring in new customers by sharing them on future social posts or to put up at work.
Social proof is a physiological phenomenon that thrives because individuals make decisions based off of the opinions and actions of others. Just like a long queue at one MN State Fair booth attracts every one’s attention. It’s a type of “social approval” that is generated by the throng.
Social proof will generate trust in your business. Building online credibility is important to increase conversion rates, as consumers tend to buy from businesses that they know.
How to Create a Social Media Marketing Strategy That Wins
If last year you left social media marketing out of your SEO strategies, you may have still maintained an edge over your competitors.
That story isn’t likely today. In the 7 Steps in Creating a Winning Social Media Marketing Strategy article published February 19, 2018 by Alex York, Sprout Social says that “30% of millennials saying they engage with a brand on social at least once a month, your strategy can’t be only about existence. Brands must be fully invested in their social media marketing strategies and focus on engagement.”
It is less about the number of social followers and social likes that you have and is more about conversations with real customers; people who recognize your brand and what to engage with your posts.
- Find your ideal audiences on social media.
- Develop unique and high value content and channel strategies.
- Choose KPIs, set goals, adhere, measure your success, and tweak.
How to Come up with the Right Social Media Goals
Creating and writing down your business goals will steer all aspects of all marketing and business strategies. Social media fits right into your SEO here, too. Narrowing down your objectives is easier with the following guidance:
* Gain more followers: Consider a goal like surpassing your competition by at least 200 followers in the first 3 months. Each follower has a real relationship potential.
* Get your brand more visible: The more people who recognize your brand, the easier it is to win consumer’s trust and build new relationships. If you provide meaningful social messages and in-depth content to support them, your brand personality will surface and become a more trusted source to connect with via your social channels.
* More sales profit: Gaining real value from your social channels will be achieved faster by monitoring and listening to how users interact with certain keywords, search phrases or hashtags. Then you can scale messaging through advanced social media targeting and connect better with your ideal audience.
* Drive in-store sales: More retailers are coming to leverage their social media marketing calendar to drive in-store sales. Just like you can use Google Maps, social marketing is another way to reward consumers who buy at your brick and mortar shops. It is an in-the-moment way to let customers see a daily special.
* More money in the bank: Social media may have begun as a way to chat with interested parties on a given topic. Today, it can majorly increase the impact on your bottom lines. But on social, the means to achieving this goal requires a thorough audit of your social channels to know how your cost of labor, advertising, and social design stack up.
* Accrue a strong fanbase: Social is a top means of obtaining user-generated content to augment your website. Followers often say something that we never thought of. Or they word questions in a way that helps when it comes to providing better answers. This advanced social media marketing goal has enormous rewards when achieved. A business with a positive brand persona on social can rely on high levels of immediate consumer actions.
* Improved industry knowledge: Search engine marketing success involves knowing where and how your competitors are connecting with the same consumer audience. You can learn what social strategies they rely on for achieving strong user engagement and sales. Niche knowledge will assist your efforts and help you move forward with dead-on alignment.
Plan How your Business Responds to Complaints on Social Media Channels
Twitter and Facebook have become the first places consumers turn to for customer support, product inquiries, or to note an exceptional experience with a business. It is important to be present for these key conversations. Negative comments can escalate unnecessarily into problems fast.
Early numbers in 2013 estimated that “67% of consumers use Facebook and Twitter for customer service”, records Buffer. We know that the numbers have grown. Monthly, over 8 billion messages are exchanged between people and businesses on Facebook Messenger. If social platforms have surpassed the number of people who turn to their cell phone and email as the first means to connect when they want to voice a problem or issue with a product or service, can your business afford to NOT be there?
Whether it is a customer complaint messages or a shout of praise, that social message merits a fast response, yet the same study says that “brands reply to just 11% of people”.
There is nothing wrong with being focused on your company’s revenue. But there is a huge relational gap if you come back posting promotional material before addressing such critical consumer concerns or product feedback! After all, if they cannot get their new TV to work will they care about another coupon? The simple and quick gesture of a timely human response can make all the difference in keeping or losing your customer.
Where social efforts go wrong according to the consumer survey:
- 73% of people have had a negative experience with a brand on social.
- 36% of people have used social to shame a company for poor customer service.
- 30% of people will go to competitor if a brand doesn’t respond.
“People aren’t asking for the world. They would simply like to hear back when they reach out to your brand. If your responses lag for a bit, that’s totally reasonable in the eyes of most people—but within an acceptable range of under 4 hours. After that, most people are out; in fact, they may even switch to a competitor. Brands need to rethink their social strategies and staff up accordingly.” – Sprout Social
Think of Social Marketing as People-Based Marketing
Use the Voice of the Customer in your social marketing creatives to improve your People-Based Marketing.
Maximizing your Google Ads paid search and social campaigns is an on-going challenge. But you are not alone. All brands fight for the same SERP space and number of impressions. As paid marketing costs climb, your success may entirely depend on your ability to show the right type of ad to the right person at the right time on the right medium. And that’s where how well your communications are prepared for voice search will show up in voice analytics. Marketers who use what happens on social to optimize ad messaging, campaign targeting and bidding strategies across channels have a major advantage over others in the same space.
A holistic approach to social should evaluate voice-activated searches to tune with what our customers want and what they’re asking everywhere on the web. Customer-first marketing has always been at the heart of search, but with voice search growing in popularity, anticipating our users’ wants and needs will be paramount to ensure we are providing the best answer to prospective client’s questions. Many consumers start by asking questions on social channels.
Every time the phone rings because a web searcher found your phone number, your business can glean key marketing insights to generate more customers from paid search and social.
- Gain social marketing strategies to connect with the right audience in all phases of your sales cycle.
- Then optimize your social campaign bids and creative to deliver a personalized social experience.
- Include core SEO principals to reach better ROI for the media spend you have in marketing.
- Include success stories and reviews in your social selling.
”Social media marketing will be affected in a similar way to SEO, with more device integration and ways to mine what customers are asking them when that data becomes available.” – Patrick Reinhart, lead digital strategist at Conductor
We don’t recommend jumping into creating profiles on every social media channel available with the aim of reaching as many people as possible. Unfortunately, with that mindset, you may stretch yourself too thin, and even more concerning, miss your chosen target audience.
Find out first where your customer are and make it easy on yourself and them by aligning with their preferred form of social engagement. Below we will list a few of our favorites along with key social engagement strategies.
3 Steps to Running an Effective TWITTER Hashtag Campaign
This takes a unique and well-planned ahead social media. Avoid the common mistake of inserting too many hashtags. Skimping on proper research upfront will limit your results.
1. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Start by identifying your well-defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Stayed tuned to your Twitter Analytics data so you can make needed adjustment throughout the campaign.
How to find your best Twitter hashtags to use:
- Which hashtags do your followers currently associated your business with?
- Which hashtags do your competitors leverage successfully that you should be using?
- Which hashtags are trending and most recognized by your ideal social audience?
2. Identify Useful Campaign Goals
After you have made a list of the KPIs that you identified for making hashtag enhancements to implement as you launch your campaign, set goals. Goals might include creating brand recognition, identifying related content users want, to promoting user-generated content.
For example, if the KPI you’re attempting to help others recognize your brand; you’ll be attentive to your Twitter metrics such as volume, exposure, reach, and amplification. They will inform you of how extensive your message is being dispersed.
3. Measure and update
Very few Twitter marketing experts hit the full potential from the moment a hashtag campaign gets up and running. Measuring your results and tweak your campaign strategy as needed to end up delivering on the KPIs that were initially established. Say on top of your campaign to determine what is working and what is not in relation to your original KPI’s and goals.
Since our goal most of the time centers are on engagement rates, while there is nothing wrong with more website clicks than Retweets or likes, taking another approach mid-campaign may ignite the type of conversation you’d prefer.
Running an Effective INSTAGRAM Hashtag Campaign
How Instagram works:
The Instagram platform, owned by Facebook, is primarily an image sharing social network, which has also entered the video-sharing niche. Instagram users are now circling a greater age expanse; 59% of users are between the ages of 18 and 29, followed by 33% of users being of the ages 30-49. In some regions Instagram social accounts have users engaged 10%+ of their daily time spent in social media minutes, so if you are not already exploiting the latest Instagram Ad techniques, then it’s worth looking into these
Instagram makes it possible to follow hashtags which means that rather than someone having to search for an Instagram hashtag and scroll back and forth in the lengthy feed to try and find your content, your posts may simply display automatically in potential new followers Instagram feeds.
It’s not new that the Instagram algorithm favors posts that leverage specific and relevant hashtags, but now it works better to use hashtags that help connect people to the topic. an even bigger deal. Be aware that Instagram users may choose to mark your hash-tagged content as something they prefer to have left out.
Things to know about the Instagram social platform:
* Once an Instagram user opts to follow a specific hashtag, then related posts will populate their feed. As part of a personalized social engagement, they can select a new “Don’t Show for This Hashtag” option and indicate that the content misses their interests.
* Select different Instagram Hashtags that provide variance and relate well to each individual Post; this will help you to sideline any “Spammy” behavior red flags. If you aren’t familiar with the chaos surrounding the shadow-ban, you need to be clued in that copying and pasting the exact same Instagram hashtags list every time you post will be problematic.
* The Instagram algorithm knows how to manage spam and it does so by limit a post’s visibility if you aren’t abiding by the new rules for Instagram hashtags. To make your time investment on Instagram productive, take the time to form new hashtags lists every time you post; consider using Later’s Saved Captions feature to lighten your social media workload.
How to Use SNAPCHAT’s new Voice Feature
Snapchat’s new feature that helps users find Stories by conducting a simple voice search over having to manually type it i.” is a plus for social networks. Now users are sharing moments of their lives and experiences on various platforms without having to open their apps.
Social media marketer can leverage this Snapchat feature by adding links, voice filters, and backdrops to their snaps: The ‘paperclip’ feature permits users to add a link to their snap, which people on the channel can open easily by swiping up. The ‘backdrops’ feature rolls in a motif backdrop to your snap by drawing what you prefer to stand outside of the filter. The ‘voice filters’ allows users to remix the sound of their voice in various different styles, including that of a cat or someone from outer space.
In Q2 2018, after rolling out voice integration, Snapchat has significant growth. Knowing how to how to connect in the manner that works with user behavior on Snapchat will lead in how you use this social channel to reflect your brand personality and consequently influence social users to buy or unfollow you!
2018 Snapchat User Demographic Statistics*:
- 191 million Snapchat daily active users (5.1.2018)
- 301 million monthly active users (11.23.2016)
- 70 million daily Snapchat Lenses active users (7.10.2018)
Facebook and Instagram offer their own live streaming features that few companies are using to its full potential. Getting started today before your competition catches on.
Live stories are ideal for:
- Becoming more of a real entity with your audience versus just a money-making machine.
- A compelling way to engage and inspire your customers.
- Provide easy to share and memorable content.
How Your FACEBOOK Marketing Can Thrive
Advanced social media advertising on Facebook is where today’s gains are.
An SEMrush study reveals that many people are simply exiting the Facebook platform. The climb in the number of people searching for instructions on “How to Delete Facebook” is staggering. However, we find that Facebook is still worth investing in along with other social media platforms or at least have a presence on. To have anything like you former results, today you will need to spend money on Facebook paid social and have a Facebook niche specific person running the daily side of it.
Ongoing changes to Facebook’s News Feed and user’s perceived trust in the Facebook channel has led to shrinking organic reach and lowered it to minuscule levels. Digital marketing managers increasingly diversify their approach to Facebook Advertising spends in order to offset traffic losses and insulate against future updates. If you are willing to pay, Facebook Ads is always an option. It may also be too expensive for companies who are struggling with a small budget.
As will all marketing dollars, it should be evaluated from the perspective of what ROI comes back for every $1 spent. Facebook Groups help smaller businesses with tighter social marketing spends to still have engagement-driving potential. Facebook Groups, of course, are nothing new, but many marketers have yet to take full advantage of what the feature has to offer. Groups can serve as an “engagement loophole,” enabling you to maintain a connection with your audience, despite News Feed shifts.
Facebook is one social media source that is increasingly being used as a customer service platform where existing clientele and potential customers want answers quickly and in real-time.
The Facebook platform has a 10.7% average post reach vs page like and 26.8% average paid post reaches vs total reach. It currently is a great social platform for both organic and paid opportunities with a huge potential reach varying by your niche and whether your ideal audience is B2B or B2C. Incorporate a Facebook marketing strategy that targets content to business personas to gain quality leads.
Social is “Attraction Marketing”
Once you have tracking enabled, you can gather user behavior details. You can pick up on conversations where people left off. They can see your ad next time they go to your Facebook business page and you can show a different and compelling ad, such as a testimonial. Dynamic re-engagement can change up your communications; you can create a logical process to track and nurture prospect leads by offering the right message.
Integrate GOOGLE+ into Your Wholistic Google Search Marketing Plan
Yes, if you are asking, Google Plus remains a viable social media platform, and yes it matters to your business’s digital marketing strategy. But there are fewer social marketing experts who know exactly what is it, and how can it benefit your business.
While many regard Google Plus (G+) as a failed social network, for businesses, the platform still has merit and unique opportunities. In particular, Search Marketing Experts (SMEs) and local businesses seeking ways to connect with potential customers via local mobile search will find lots of value on this channel. Bundled into the biggest technology platform on the planet, G+ has a lasting foundation for businesses to build on.
Posts on G+ garner nearly as much engagement per follower as the average Facebook posts and have almost 2x as much user engagement per follower as the average business Twitter posts.
The only way to make this social channel work is to closely adhere to its rules. Few novices survive unless they are willing to learn and adapt to its guidelines. G+, unlike Twitter and Facebook, has its own localized, engaged and highly technical audience. And the community monitors of this unique audience don’t like the lower quality engagement of cutting and pasting your marketing strategy on to the G+ platform. It is a higher level and will not work, plain and clear. To gain value from G+, you’ll need to align your strategy and use a different voice.
The power of G+ is that it works in tandem with Google Search, just being on the platform alone is a huge opportunity for every small business. Potentially, with strategic use, your linked pages may rank higher on SERPs. More people are engaging with businesses that have provided their key business information (location, phone number, directions, reviews, photos) on the search pages and online synthesis with the associated Google for Business services.
If you haven’t used it already, step into the world of using the “Call Now” feature on Google Posts, special deals, products, and other unique or targeted content. We find it has a tremendous reach and ability to connect with those searching for your business using some form of Google Search.
“In many respects, Google+ is more of an ‘information network’ than a social network. Facebook was created to connect with friends and socialize, and LinkedIn to connect professionals, whereas Google+ is to find others with similar interests. Google+ is an asymmetrical social network and this gives users the ability to grow their network of followers much more easily because the growth of the network is not dependent on reciprocity.” – SmartInsights**
Leverage Schema Markup for your Social Profiles
Start by adhering to Google’s general structured data updated guidelines, and then work to comply with the Social Profile markup guidelines:
Implement structured data markup within the pages of your public website to show which social profiles you are active on. Here are the things that Google tells us to remember. Markup must include a Person or Organization record with the following properties:
- Url — the url of your official website
- SameAs — the urls of your official social media profile pages
- The social profiles in your markup must correspond to what users see on the same page.
Currently Schema Supported Social Profiles:
Specifying additional social profiles is fine, but they aren’t currently included in Google search results that will display in your Knowledge Graph.
Create a Smart Social Advertising Timeline
We recommend gaining a following, getting your social audience research done, accruing a sufficient about of social analytics, and then advance to using social media advertising. With a working knowledge of people are consuming ads across social networks, digital advertisers may connect social audience to your onsite relevant and targeted content.
At Hill Web Marketing, we get it; we all have to justify our budgets. The value of social media advertising is best arrived at when SEO leads your social campaigns. We can craft it to fit most any budget and go at a pace that intelligently improves with insight tweaking.
And if this feels too daunting, take a look at why developing and executing a sound social advertising strategy will pay off.
Benefits of an Advanced Social Media Marketing Strategy
Social media SEO marketing has higher payoffs because it is integrated naturally across your social networks and web pages.
1. You get to know your customers better: While you likely already have buyer personas that identify the basic characteristics of your customer base, you can always learn more from everyday conversations. You can get a better idea of through focus group research as to which social networks they prefer. If you create a business profile on the top networks your customers spend the most time on, you keep your business solutions op of mind. It is easier to attract new customers and engage with your existing clientele with this type of targeted social messaging.
Social engagement growth is more than just a number; it is more about the process of how your business obtains new and engaged followers. Providing continuously fresh and relevant posts is part of healthy growth. A social account that can tout 5k followers doesn’t mean that its user engagement is healthy and purposeful. A skilled social media manager can still drive engagement off of a small account. With time and being run correctly, watch and enjoy gradually grow as it turns into a large account.
Do your best to make it a great user experience for each follower. Respond as if each one is a real customer.
2. You have real followers and engagement: The total number of followers that you have increased the number of connections your social media profiles provide. This helps you have the pulse of more engaged users and does have a significant influence on your web rankings. Don’t shy away from striving to have 100 Twitter followers if you are just starting out. Just be realistic. Most likely you won’t receive nearly the ranking presence of a mega-site that has follower number to match.
That is not the whole sum of it though, Google can detect the quality of your followers and whether or not they elected to follow you and participate with actions. too many think that buying 100,000 proxy Twitter followers helps rocket them forward, but that isn’t the case. For true and sustained ranking power, everyone needs to build a following by being present and build naturally.
Growing your number of followers requires a committed effort over time. Be consistently present and posting so that your brand has a chance to become something that social users can count on for updates. Find your brand voice and speak in it to your users on a daily basis. Share useful news articles, helpful tips, surveys that hold intrigue, images that add value, and general discussion items.
When you connect with someone on social, turn it into a meaningful conversation by engaging with them indirectly. It all about building real relationships and staying in stride to maintain a sizable, interactive following. This encourages your existing followers to return, trust your post content, and help build your social authority for new, potential followers.
3. Naturally Gain External Inbound Links: SEO can use the help of social media that encourages more external sites to link to your web pages. It is a great way to build a diverse external link profile for added domain authority. Google and all major search engines see this as a key indicator that your business provides high-quality, authoritative content and solutions that people need. Other forms of attracting quality links exist and you can benefit from all of them.
4. It’s a great way to rank visual content: Look at getting your stunning images and infographics out on Pinterest and Instagram, as both are very image-rich social channels. Use SEMrush to evaluate your Pinterest content by filtering in both topics and images. Once you have come up with your keywords, look for low-hanging fruit and assess by keyword difficulty. Your image of a stellar dinner dish, wedding dress, or perfect smile makeover may nab the eye of online in-market shoppers who favor social shopping.
Find active social users that relate to your industry, as well as social influencers who are reaching the masses with their visual storytelling. Borrow ideas from their images to inspire fresh visual content for your company’s marketing.
5. Ability to shape user perceptions: You may be pleasantly surprised at the powerful forces of social engineering through innocuous platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. More consumers are placing an unparalleled level of trust in the interactions they have on social media. Social experiments and tech advancements can educate your readers and allow you to capture web traffic, inject key information, and change user perceptions.
IMO, it is best if those who manage social media engagement are at heart “social folks”. A “work” focus comes across quickly. If you love hearing what others say and learning from that, then the beast of making each social channel work in your favor is no longer beastly. It is fun.
Every social post, repost, reply, like, and comment should serve a purpose. The more specific your social strategy is operative. Keep it concise and doable for within your means. Avoid a plan so grand and broad that it ends up being impossible to measure or too challenging to obtain.
Hill Web’s Social Media Marketing Management Services
Our talented social media partnership can take care of it all for you: Twitter, Google+, Instagram, SnapChat, Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube! Not only can we manage your social media posting calendar, we help you develop and share your brand’s story with a custom, targeted audience who cares about what you have to say. Social media can be the most powerful tool in your digital marketing set–if you wield it correctly. When you need to hub your social networking service, we can offer comprehensive coverage that fully integrates with your onsite search engine optimization and overall business goals.
Our social media networking service can boost your onsite content creation as well; it works for social information seeking and helps you leverage the Wisdom of the Crowd to better understand your audiences’ behavior.
- Benchmark your social media performance against the competition
- Analyze competitors’ social activity, audience growth, and engagement
- Identify top performing content in your niche so that you can repurpose it yourself
Learn more about people-based marketing on social channels from Hill Web Marketing by following us on the social platforms listed below. Most social media platforms have built-in data analytics tools, which enable companies to track the progress, success, and engagement of social ad campaigns.
The problem with social-optimized content is that its overt, eerie familiarity drapes a kind of lowest-common-denominator cynicism across the internet. Social media tends to favor positive sentiment over negative, and exaggeration over subtlety. – Mymag.com***
If you have a reason to repair your personal reputation online, optimizing your Twitter account is a key social channel to start with.
You need a results-driven social media marketing strategy for your business!
Whether you’re a solo entrepreneur managing your own social content or partnering with a digital marketing agency, such as Hill Web, your social voice reflects your brand; tone consistency will help make it recognizable across all platforms. Most of all, as with all marketing, engage with your consumer’s best interest in mind. Keep it clear; remember “social” correlates to relating with others.
You need good statistics to make actionable marketing and SEO decisions. This means that you need an ongoing commitment to an integrated approach to SEO and social marketing in order to obtain the reports that will hold these insights. Your social media manager will pay attention to which blog posts qualify as quality content to reach your ideal customer on each social media channel. We also help businesses establish and scale their social media budget.
Ask for help if you need it to come up with the best social media marketing strategies that will apply to your social media SEO. We test and re-test each of them for each business that we manage. By giving this level of dedication to your social media SEO campaigns, the end results are worth it. Call Jeannie Hill, owner of Hill Web Marketing to partner in improving your social media effectiveness. 651-206-2410
Ask about how to use Social to Generate Leads Online